students who earn a bachelor of business administration in marketing have multiple opportunities to gain valuable experience outside the classroom while earning their degree. these opportunities include:
- Internships: Students can obtain professional experience in the workforce through participating in internships. They also can earn three hours of marketing elective credit for an approved internship and by applying for co-enrollment in MKTG 484.
- Sales Competition – Students learn about sales through competitions in mock business-to-business sales. Participants are graded based on their performance and judged by sales companies that hire our students.
- Retail Case Study Competition Class – In the case competition, students work individually on a retail business case study developed by the YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund Organization based in New York City. Students are required to develop creative, unique, financially sound, and well researched marketing and business strategies applied to the case study.
- National Retail Federation’s Big Show – Nicknamed “Retail’s BIG Show”, NRF’s flagship industry event is held annually in New York City. The four day event offers unparalleled education, collegial networking, and an enormous EXPO Hall full of technologies and solutions.
- Study abroad: The Department of Marketing offers an annual study abroad program in Europe. This program is open to students from all majors who have an interest in international business.
- Shop.org Digital Summit -The Student Program and Career Fair at the Shop.org Digital Summit is a one day event where students will have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn first-hand about new digital, e-commerce and technology career paths, hear career advice from the executives behind leading retail brands and meet industry hiring managers seeking top talent for their internship and entry-level jobs nationwide.
- NYC Market Tour – Every year, students involved with the Center for Retailing Studies participate in a market tour in NYC. During the trip, students will participate in professional appointments with retailers such as Louis Vuitton, Bergdorf Goodman, ANN Inc., Macy’s, Gilt, The Container Store and have the opportunity to learn first-hand what it is like to work in the retail industry in one of the nation’s business capitals, grow their professional network, and enjoy a variety of cultural and educational sights.
- Professional Distinctions: